Having problems with your Panasonic Digital Cameras ?
Memory card is locked, how do I unlock this?
\015 My memory card is locked, I'm trying to delete all photos and videos as I've now downloaded, I now need the space again, how do I unlock this? \015\012Many thanks\015
Problems typically are pretty rare with Panasonic Lumix digital cameras. On those occasions where you do have an issue, though, look for an error message on the Panasonic camera for some clues as to how to fix the problem.
\012he seven tips listed here should help you troubleshoot your Panasonic camera error messages.
\012he seven tips listed here should help you troubleshoot your Panasonic camera error messages.
- \012Built-in Memory Error error message. If you see this error message with your Panasonic camera, the internal memory area of the camera is either full or corrupted. Try downloading photos from the internal memory. If the error message continues to appear, you may need to format the internal memory area.
- \012Memory Card Locked / Memory Card error message. Both of these error messages are related to the memory card, rather than the Panasonic camera. If you have an SD memory card, check the write protect switch on the side of the card. Slide the switch up to unlock the card. If the error message persists, it's possible the memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted. It's also possible the memory card was formatted using another device that is not compatible with Panasonic's file structure system. Format the card with your Panasonic camera to fix the problem ... but keep in mind that formatting the card will erase any photos stored on it.
- \012No Additional Selections Can Be Made error message. If your Panasonic camera allows you to "save" photos as your "favorites," you may find this error message because the camera has a limited number of photos that can be labeled as favorites, usually 999 photos. You cannot mark another photo as a favorite until you remove the favorite label from one or more photos. This error message also may occur if you're trying to delete more than 999 photos at one time.
- \012No Valid Picture error message. This error message typically refers to a problem with the memory card. Most of the time, you'll find this error message when you try to play back images from the memory card and the memory card is corrupted, empty, broken, or has been formatted with another camera. To fix the memory card, you must format it, but formatting a memory card causes all photos stored on it to be lost. Try inserting the memory card in another device or in your computer and try downloading any photos stored on it before formatting it with your Panasonic camera.
- \012Please Turn Camera Off And Then On Again error message. At least this error message says "please." This error message most likely occurs when one of the parts of the camera's hardware is malfunctioning, usually a jammed lens housing. To try to fix this problem, start by turning the camera off for a few seconds before turning it back on. If this doesn't fix the problem, try resetting the camera by removing the battery and memory card from the camera for at least 10 minutes. Replace both items and then try turning the camera on again. If the lens housing is jamming as the lens moves through its zoom range, try gently cleaning the housing, removing any debris or grime. If all of these steps don't fix the problem, you'll probably need a repair center for the camera.
- \012This Battery Cannot Be Used error message. With this error message, you've either inserted a battery that's incompatible with your Panasonic camera or you've inserted a battery that has dirty contacts. Gently clean the metal contacts with a dry cloth. In addition, make sure the battery housing is free of debris. You sometimes may see this error message if you're using a battery that's not manufactured by Panasonic. If the third-party battery is working OK to power the camera, you probably can ignore this error message.
- \012This Picture Is Protected error message. You'll see this Panasonic camera error message when the photo you've selected has been protected from deletion. Try working through the camera's menus to figure out how to remove any protection labels for the photo files.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Panasonic Digital Cameras
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
My camera is locking my memory card. I slide the lever on the memory card to unlocked, which is down, and when i insert it in the phone and push it down to lock it in, it pushes the 'lock' on the memory card back up to the locked position, resulting in the camera constantly saying the memory card is locked. This is a Exilim ex-z80 8.1 mp camera.
I have had a similar problem with flimsy lock tabs. I solved it by placing a small amount of scotch tape over the tab - starting near the connection pads, over the tab to the back edge of the card. There's usually not a whole lot of extra room in t ... Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z80 Digital Camera
CARD LOCKED my camera says the my memory card is locked.?? i dont no how to unlock it My A 450 says my card is locked, but the card is NOT locked (button on the side of the card is in unlock position). The camera still indicates card locked with a new card inserted. When i try to take a picture it says "Card Locked!" and it wont let me add a new folder onto the card once its on my computer
There should be a small toggle along the end side (it is tiny and easily missed, but it is there, I just checked my memory card / mine is 4GB SD card from Sony) that you can swtich to unlock\015\012and your images may come back that way. ... Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera
CARD LOCKED my camera says the my memory card is locked.?? i dont no how to unlock it My A 450 says my card is locked, but the card is NOT locked (button on the side of the card is in unlock position). The camera still indicates card locked with a new card inserted.
Try puting the lock thing onto Lock. it worked for me ... Canon PowerShot SD500 / IXUS 700 Digital Camera
Memory Card locked: I changed the memory card in my camera. When I reloaded the previous memory card, the screen says that the "Card is locked". How can I unlock the memory card?
If we are talking about an SD card ...see that in a side ..the card has a slide like button with 2 positions ...locked and unlocked... just unlock it cause it might have been locked when handling it... ... Canon Powershot SX110 IS Digital Camera 9.0MP
The yellow slide pin to unlock the memory card is broken..so wen i inserted the memory card into the camera..it said memory card is locked..so hw to unlock d memory card now.?.
... Digital Cameras
Unlock card OK, so I am a tech idiot. I just bought a new Canon S3 IS camera and am trying for the first time to insert a memory card (Sandisk Pro Duo 2MG). I think I have it inserted, but the camera reads "memory card locked". How do I unlock the memory card?
Take the card out from the camera & you should see a small slider on the side.\015\012Set the slider "up" as per the attached picture.\015\012\015\012Please update the question & let us know if the information given was useful to you - Good Luck! ... Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital Camera
Memory card i have a samsung s630... and i can't figure out how to unlock the memory card... its an emergency! memory card locked I have my card locked.I want to unlock it
Hi Aisha,\015\012I had the same problem but and i checked the small tab on the side of the card. it was in unlock position. i subsequently fixed the card adaptor to rest firmly on the side of the switch using a small paper wedge on the opposite ... Samsung Digimax S1000 Digital Camera
When putting a Lexar Multi-Use 16 GB SDHC memory card in my Canon Powershot A540 I get Memory Card Error message as well Card Locked message. Have tried unlocking it by the slide on side of card, is t
It's a lost cause. The A540 works with SD cards. While SDHC cards will fit into the slot, they are electronically incompatible and will not work in devices not designed for them. You need to stay with SD cards, 2GB and smaller. ... Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera
I have a Brand new camera, the cannon SD880.. I just got back from vacation and as I opened my camera it said memory card error, I then clicked the button to view my pictures and it said memory card us locked. ( It was unlocked though) I took the memory card out and it was unlocked... I tried downloading them onto my computer and It read no photos. I am very worried that they are gone, which would make no sense, is their anyway to fix this? how can I recover this problem thanks
It sounds like you've got a troublesome memory card problem. \012 If you really want to regain your photos there, I would like recommend you to try a photo recovery freeware that can restore all your inaccessible photos back for free: ... Canon PowerShot SD880 IS / Digital IXUS 870 IS Digital Camera
Repeated message with A590IS memory card locked How do I unlock the memory card? Doesn't matter which memory card I put into the camera, they all appear to be locked
The slide switch on the side of the card should be in the unlocked position. ... Canon PowerShot A590 IS Digital Camera
Question for SanDisk SD card 2 GB - Camera is Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Digital Elph Question: When memory card is inserted in my camera the message "memory card error - card locked" shows when the write protect tab is in either the locked or unlocked position. The card is full of my pictures from a trip to Beijing! Please help. Thank you.
There is a small switch in the card that is currently in the locked position. you need to move it over to the other position to unlock it. ... Digital Cameras
Just installed a new memory card in my powershot A430 and the camera says memory card error, card is locked. how do I unlock?
What type and size memory card? The A430 works with SD cards. It won't work with SDHC cards.SD cards have a slide switch along one edge. The position farthest from the metal contacts locks the card, protecting it from writes. The position nea ... Canon PowerShot A430 Digital Camera
Memory card error memory card locked even when I unlock memory card. Tried multiple memory cards.
Remove the SD card from the camera. Slide the tiny switch on the side of the card to its other "unlocked" position. Reinsert the card in the camera. But if you've already tried this (or if this is happening with multiple cards), ... Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Camera
After locking memory card, do I then unlock it to take pictures and will that then erase the memory card or can you tell me how to so
Locking the memory card prevents you from taking and adding photos to the memory card. It also prevents you from deleting photos from the memory card.If you want to erase all the photos off the memory card. unlock the memory card, go to the camer ... Digital Cameras
Card lock.? I have a Samsung S630 and everytime i try to take a picture a black screen comes up with card lock. it is reonably new too. It is not coming up due to the slidey thing on the actual memory card. I have tryed to unlock it by formatting it but it says again card lock. What can i do?
Friend dont worry it so simple Insert u r card into card reader and then change its format Up to Fat or Fat 32 Into NTFS and format it if it is formated then it will be ok ... Samsung Digimax S630 Digital Camera
I used a 4 GB Duracell SD Memory Card in my Canon digital camera. The card now says there's an error and that it is locked. The little switch on the side is "unlocked" but still says locked in the camera. Please help to unlock it. Thanks.
Sounds like the memory card needs to be reformatted. you would need to put it in a laptop or desktop and reformat the memory chip that way. ... Digital Cameras
Memory card my camera keeps erasing my pictures. it sais that the memory card needs to be formated but it will erase all files on the camera. i have important photos that are on there right now, that i cant download to my computer. please help with suggestions to make the photos come back. i tried to lock and unlock the memory card but its no use. i really dont know whats going on so can you please make some suggestions to the steps i need to take to get my photos back.Thank You.
Also, use a card reader, copy your pictures from the card using the card reader, transfer your pix to your computer and then reformat the card ... Kodak EasyShare C613 Digital Camera
Memory card i have a samsung s630... and i can't figure out how to unlock the memory card... its an emergency! memory card locked
If the card is locked, you could the steps below:\015\012\015\012- Turn off camera\015\012- Remove memory card\015\012- Take a look on the switch of the memory card itself\015\012* If it's at the TOP = card is UNLOCKED ... Samsung Digimax S630 Digital Camera
I have a i533 5.0 megapixel digital camera.I took pictures thinking the memory card was in it but it wasnt and it said memory was full so i deleted the pictures off the camera and put the memory card back in and its saying card locked when i try to take a picture and it wont unlock. what do i do?
You caused a card conflict, or have corruption on the card. Try this:Remove the battery from the camera. Remove the memory card, and re-insert. Install the battery back in the camera. Turn on the camera. In t ... Polaroid Digital Cameras
How to format an SD card on a Canon SD600 camera when the menu says "memory card locked." The memory card is in the unlocked position. When we put the SD card in another Canon camera (SD780 IS), it works fine, and will store a photo. It appears that something in the SD 600 camera itself is preventing the card from functioning. Can you offer a solution to this problem?
Could be that you have the wrong memory card.\012SD600 will only work with the old SD cards, but the SD780 will take the SDHC cards.SDHC was intended to give 4gb or more of storage, while the old SD started as 16 mb. Different camer ... Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Camera
Card locked when i turn the camera on with a memory card in it, it says card locked and i can't take pictures, delete them or anything. i know its not the camera card because i take it out and make sure its unlocked. when i don't have the camera card inside the camera it works perfectly... and ever since i lost my usb cord i cant put my pics on the computer...please solve my problem
Are you able to format the card in the camera. Also the USB cable you probably need is the same as most other mini USB devices. ... Samsung Digimax S73 Digital Camera
I have a Cannon SD 550 and everytime I put a memory card in my camera it says: Memory card error and card locked. I have tried to unlock the card and it still does not work
... Canon PowerShot SD550 / IXUS 750 Digital Camera
CANT WRITE TO UNLOCKED SD CARD I've tried repeatedly to write files to various sd memory cards in my ZS1 and it always gives me the message that the card is locked and can't be written. The cards are UNlocked physically, and I have no trouble writing to them when they are inside other cameras (Canon & Fuji). Is this a defect of the Panasonic or is it fixable?
Are you sure that the lock / unlock tab isn't getting moved to the lock position when inserted AND then moved back to the unlock position when removed? Stranger things have happened. Some cards have lock / unlock tabs that are so flimsy ... Panasonic DMC-ZS1 Digital Camera
Card Locked - One problem is : I have tried 3 new cards and unlocked the cards and still recieve a card locked message when I try to take a picture. I have tried to format to " yes" but the camera continues to return to " no ". The other problem I have is that I accidentially deleted all of my pictures in the camera's memory. Is there any way to retrieve those pics?? Please help!!! Thank You. Chip. [email protected]
Is this a new problem or has it always been this way? What type of SD cards are you trying to use, SD or SDHC?As far as recovering the images from the camera's internal memory, unless you have the option to undelete from the camera's menu you h ... Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
My memory cards are saying they are locked and i need to format my cards when i do it it keeps sending me over and over again through the same **** ive tried all 4 card on lock and unlock and still nothign s working
Try another brand of memory card alot of times all brands are not compatible withall devices even they are the same type of card\015\012Good Luck! (if this does not work the camera may need repaired!\015\012Please rate my responce!\ ... Kodak EasyShare One Digital Camera